Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a high degree of working knowledge with Internet software, ticketing system (documentation/remediation), Office 365, VMware, Citrix, desktop and laptop hardware, XENapp, Windows 7, Windows 10, printers, wireless systems, handheld scanners are a plus, understands network principles and concepts, Microsoft Office, iOS and Android.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- CompTIA A+ and/or MCP certification desired.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; demonstrates ability to “think outside the box”; designs work flows and procedures.
- Use of Technology - Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Coordinates activities with project team; executes assigned project tasks according to set time-lines.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Managing Customer Focus - Promotes a high degree of customer satisfaction; establishes and upholds customer service standards.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Achievement Focus - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments prepared and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – In conjunction with manager and team needs, prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Palermo's has been certified by The Good Jobs. Click on the Culture Badges to learn more.